17858Re: [R1b1c_U106-S21] RE: Re: Big Y-DNA List Update

  • Charles Moore
    Nov 14, 2013
      If we get a couple, or especially three sufficiently differentiated from one another Z156+, Z306- Irish and Scots guys to test Big Y, we should be able to discover the currently unknown SNP(s) that define this group, which has been obscured by its parent Z156, and it's large subclade Z304/5/6/7.

      On Nov 14, 2013, at 9:04 AM, <mcmull1xx@...> wrote:

      Had hoped to hear back from you Bob. Guess the lurking newbie was just looking for selected origin input.  Tough with DNA, as it ultimately brings in those close regardless of what our preferred selection was.

      Your welcome to contact me off forum at mcmull1xx@... if you desire information on Z156 Irish or their connected Z156 Scot highland line.

       Slainte Laighin

      ---In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, <rmerry47@...> wrote:

      Lyn,  I am in the U106 project at FTDNA.  I am kit # 246919 under ancestor name James Merry and positioned in the first five or so names on the SNP chart.  In the past, I was one of the last to take the old deep clade test, and last year I took the Geno 2.0 test.  No new SNPs were found in either test.  Merry from south County Kilkenny. Regards. Bob

      On Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:14 AM, "mcmull1xx@..." <mcmull1xx@...> wrote:
      Bob, FTDNA offers the Z156 test on advanced orders, but still show your SNP at the core level of U106 (soon to be updated hopefully).  Wanted to look at your markers etc, as you are close to me on Geno2 and from Ireland.  Did not spot you in the U106 project at FTDNA, what project are you connected to?  Lyn

      ---In R1b1c_U106-S21@yahoogroups.com, <arbo_vic@...> wrote:

      Hello to all from a lurking newbie,
      I am still gathering info about this stuff, I have tested with geno 2.0 and Family finder so far. Geno 2.0 says I am R-Z156 and FTDNA says U-106. I am just trying to see from whence I came so to speak. Where can I find out more about  Z-156 et. al.?
      Bob Arbuthnot

    • Show all 211 messages in this topic