Re: [R1b-Project] RE: y-search FTDNA
- You may already have this, but I had trouble initially uploading my GEDCOM file, and I found following these steps, I was able to upload the file...
1. Open your family tree program (Family Tree Maker, My Heritage, etc.) and open your genealogy file.
2. In the top-left hand corner of your screen, click the File menu.
3. Select either Export or Save as...
4. Change the "Save As Type" or "Destination" drop-down box to GEDCOM or .GED.
5. Select the location where you'd like to save your file (make sure its one you can easily remember like your Desktop).
6. Enter a filename such as 'duttonfamilytree' (the program will automatically add the .ged extension)
7. Click Save or Export.
8. Some type of confirmation box will appear stating that your export has succeeded. Click "OK."
You will then log into your FTDNA personal page and click on the My Account menu, then on Gedcom- Family Tree to upload the file.
From: "dutton4@..." <dutton4@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2013 12:26 PM
Subject: [R1b-Project] RE: y-search FTDNA
I switched from using Internet Explorer to using Chrome and did not get an error when accessing ysearch. However, when I tried to upload a GEDCOM file to ysearch I tired IE, Chrome and Firefox and could not successfully upload the file, kept getting a 500 error.Tried to send ysearch an email and it was rejected.
---In firstname.lastname@example.org, <jinto83@...> wrote:Every time I've tried to upload my ydna to ysearch, I get this error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.Is there something I'm missing? Anyone else having troubles on FTDNA?