Re: [R1b-Project] RE: y-search FTDNA

  • Larry Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
      You may already have this, but I had trouble initially uploading my GEDCOM file, and I found following these steps, I was able to upload the file...

      1. Open your family tree program (Family Tree Maker, My Heritage, etc.) and open your genealogy file.
      2. In the top-left hand corner of your screen, click the File menu.
      3. Select either Export or Save as...
      4. Change the "Save As Type" or "Destination" drop-down box to GEDCOM or .GED.
      5. Select the location where you'd like to save your file (make sure its one you can easily remember like your Desktop).
      6. Enter a filename such as 'duttonfamilytree' (the program will automatically add the .ged extension)
      7. Click Save or Export.
      8. Some type of confirmation box will appear stating that your export has succeeded. Click "OK."

      You will then log into your FTDNA personal page and click on the My Account menu, then on Gedcom- Family Tree to upload the file.

      Larry