Re: [R1b-YDNA] Re: Are there any more SNPs for me to test?

  • Michael Maddi
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2013
      I'm responding to the last paragraph below which mentions the ysearch account for the "Maddi slow markers." I've created several ysearch accounts with my results. There are two which just have my results for "slow" markers - 2JRHZ (23 slow markers) and 2NB94 (16 slow markers).

      Since this is just a portion of the 111 markers I've tested, you may match either of those two ysearch accounts. However, if you have 67 markers and don't have a null 425 (which I have) or have SNP tested and you're  L48- (I'm L48+), then whatever match you have with either of those two accounts is merely convergence and doesn't represent a true match.

      Mike Maddi

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
        Greetings Mike,

        Ah yes, we did indeed speak about this a year or so ago - about that comparison. It looks like Colin Clarke and I are both R1b L2+,Z49+, and Z142+ I have not yet tested for L562. Your slow markers only come up on a comparison to all haplogroups. When I search under R1b1a2a1a1b3c and Western Europe (which would be a more accurate search) you don't show up of course.