Re: [R1b-YDNA] Help with finding my L21 subclade

  • kirstensaxe
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18 4:54 PM
      Hi there,

      You know there is also a Yahoo group specifically for R-L21, and if you are not already in that one, it would be best if you also joined it. Did you already download your Geno 2.0 raw data and send it to David Reynolds? He is maintaining a spreadsheet comparing SNP results from Geno 2.0, WTY, and other sources for R-L21 males. Did David help you identify your terminal SNPs?

      Kirsten

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19 6:46 AM
        Thanks Kristen
        No I have not yet joined L21 group but will do that and send to David Reynolds......I was unable to get the geno 2 raw data to downlode-very frustrating!! I downloaded the gz file opener (7-zip) and tried multiple times but to no avail.It connected it w my Excel and kept saying that it was unable to make the necessary connection to open.Any suggestions?
           Daniel

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19 7:01 AM

          Hi Daniel,

          FWIW when I downloaded mine it had the .gz extension but it had already been decompressed by my browser (I suspect that NG have erroneously set up gzip as the transfer mode).

          You may be able to get it to work by simply changing the filename to drop the ".gz" from the end.

          Cheers,
          Hamish

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19 10:25 AM
            Daniel,

            You don't have to unzip the file. I didn't unzip the Geno 2.0 raw data file that I sent to David. I just downloaded it and then sent the downloaded file to him as an attachment. I also am having problems with 7-zip. I thought I had downloaded it and I know I have unzipped files on this computer in the past, but I can't seem to find the program on my machine. It's a good thing I didn't need to unzip the file.

            Kirsten

            No I have not yet joined L21 group but will do that and send to David Reynolds......I was unable to get the geno 2 raw data to downlode-very frustrating!! I downloaded the gz file opener (7-zip) and tried multiple times but to no avail.It connected it w my Excel and kept saying that it was unable to make the necessary connection to open.Any suggestions?
               Daniel

          • Daniel Marshall
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 20 10:23 AM
              Thanks Kirsten,
              Somehow I finally got to my raw data.....also joined L21 Yahoo group....will drop DR a note esp since I cannot make to much out of my raw data.  Daniel