R1b Haplogroup

  • Timothy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
      Thank you for adding me. I am tested at the 67 Marker level (R1b1a2). My attempt to understand the Y-STR Value at DYS565 led me on a search. I found the South Irish Project and with help there found this group. Based on a comparison of my test results with others on FTDNA I am likely R-U106, L47. This still needs to be verified with a terminal snp test.

      My interest here is primarily understanding the Standard Y-STR Values. I am not trained in this field so I will not have much to add but I am sure I will pick up clues here and there from the discussions.

      Tim
    • Martin Schlegel
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2012
        Hello Tim,

        thank you for your mail. I took a DNA test at FTDNA and therefore I am come across this group. My test result is:  Haplogroup: R1b1a2a1a1 and Shorthand: R-P310. I took the test because I was curious.

        Best regards,

        Martin

        --
        Martin Schlegel
        Martin-Festl-Ring 2

        0176/65534909

      • Timothy May
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2012
          Hello Martin,

          My pre-tested Haplogroup is R1b1a2a1a1a4a.  Beyond that I am also curious to learn a little more about DYS values, SNPs, etc.
          and how to understand this information in conjunction with FTDNA matches, surnames, family tree, etc.  There is some Germanic
          background although I think it goes back to early England.  Also, there are a number of other countries represented.  Will learn more I'm sure.

          Tim