Re: [R-P312Project] More French L21+

  • Nove
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
      yeah iknow you and david dont agree on this..

      how many results are in process at the moment?

      2008/12/1 Richard Stevens <turdinsky@...>

      I suspect at least part of it is some kind of Celtic or Proto-Celtic, but we have a way to go yet, since L21 was just discovered last month.

      At least one windbag on Rootsweb has already decided he knows where it originated!

      Rich

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
          hi,

          do you know if there is a French overview of how many from France have been tested and if any part of France is overrepresented?
          as my understanding of France is that is it a very diverse country with great culture/genetic variations between the different regions ect...

          and it seems that we have a mostly Brittany based Frenchmen with L21+, and i wonder is that because the majority of the so far tested French come from there or not ect?

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
            I haven't counted them, but there are quite a few. If you look at the R-P312* Map, most of those with light blue balloons have L21 tests pending.

            Rich

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
              Actually, only one of the French L21+ is a Breton.

              Rich

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 15, 2008
                We added another Breton member yesterday, surname Le Bras, but he doesn't appear by name on our y results page because he has not yet supplied the name of his most distant ancestor on his "User Preferences" page.

                This new member is P312+ L21+ U152- thus far in the results of his Deep Clade-R and is still awaiting the rest of his results. Theoretically he could still be M222+, but that doesn't seem likely.

                Of course, I don't add anyone to my R-L21* Map or an R-L21 category until I am sure he is negative for everything downstream of L21.

                Rich