R-312 Frequency

  • PAUL TOWNE
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2012
      As I understand it, SNP P312 involves a mutation of two flat ring molecules at location rs34276300 from a C-G pair to an A-T pair.  When I look at the ISOGG Y-DNA SNP index it looks like the P312 C to A type of SNP is much smaller in frequency of occurrence than other types of SNPs such as C to T and G to A.  What mechanism is at work, (chemical, etc), that accounts for the non-uniform distribution of the 12 SNP types?

      Hope this isn't outside the P-312 forum focus.

      Kit # 104747