DF19 appears to be a fairly significant subclade of R-P312*

  • mikewww7
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
      We have a number of DF19 results. It looks like a number of P312* folks will have it. It does not look like it will be anything close to being as large as L21, U152 or Z196, but will probably quickly surpass L238.
    • mikewww7
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
        DF19 looks like an old clade so just about any P312* haplotype could fit. I couldn't find one single off-modal signature pattern for all DF19+ people.

        These off-modal values were common though so if you are P312+ U152- L21- Z196- and are any of these you should definitely look closely at DF19.

        481<=23 391<=10 385=11,15

        Has anyone from the Rox groups tested?

        Here the DF19+ people that I know of. Am I missing anybody?

        f27045 White Ireland, Connacht, Co. Sligo, Drumcliff
        f86044 Verelst Belgium, Antwerp, Lier
        f8585 Fletcher zzzUnkOrigin
        f196999 zzzUnkName Czech Republic
        f166103 Garrett Ireland
        fE4870 Marwede Germany, Lower Saxony, Celle, Hermannsburg
        f55699 Andrew zzzUnkOrigin

        Regards,
        Mike W

        --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@...> wrote:

        > We have a number of DF19 results. It looks like a number of P312* folks will have it. It does not look like it will be anything close to being as large as L21, U152 or Z196, but will probably quickly surpass L238.

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
          --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@...> wrote:

          > DF19 looks like an old clade so just about any P312* haplotype could fit. I couldn't find one single off-modal signature pattern for all DF19+ people.
          >
          > These off-modal values were common though so if you are P312+ U152- L21- Z196- and are any of these you should definitely look closely at DF19.
          >
          > 481<=23 391<=10 385=11,15
          >
          > Has anyone from the Rox groups tested?
          >
          > Here the DF19+ people that I know of. Am I missing anybody?
          >
          > f27045 White Ireland, Connacht, Co. Sligo, Drumcliff
          > f86044 Verelst Belgium, Antwerp, Lier
          > f8585 Fletcher zzzUnkOrigin
          > f196999 zzzUnkName Czech Republic
          > f166103 Garrett Ireland
          > fE4870 Marwede Germany, Lower Saxony, Celle, Hermannsburg
          > f55699 Andrew zzzUnkOrigin
          >
          > Regards,
          > Mike W
          >
          > --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@> wrote:
          > >
          > > We have a number of DF19 results. It looks like a number of P312* folks will have it. It does not look like it will be anything close to being as large as L21, U152 or Z196, but will probably quickly surpass L238.

          re DF19 and Rox2:
          I am DF19- and a member of Rox2. Eric Metcalf emmet41, metcalf@...
        • casa_de_tierra
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
            It appears that the current DF19+ people have A10=11 while the P312 modal is A10=13.

            Jim Turner

            --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@...> wrote:

            > DF19 looks like an old clade so just about any P312* haplotype could fit. I couldn't find one single off-modal signature pattern for all DF19+ people.
            >
            > These off-modal values were common though so if you are P312+ U152- L21- Z196- and are any of these you should definitely look closely at DF19.
            >
            > 481<=23 391<=10 385=11,15
            >
            > Has anyone from the Rox groups tested?
            >
            > Here the DF19+ people that I know of. Am I missing anybody?
            >
            > f27045 White Ireland, Connacht, Co. Sligo, Drumcliff
            > f86044 Verelst Belgium, Antwerp, Lier
            > f8585 Fletcher zzzUnkOrigin
            > f196999 zzzUnkName Czech Republic
            > f166103 Garrett Ireland
            > fE4870 Marwede Germany, Lower Saxony, Celle, Hermannsburg
            > f55699 Andrew zzzUnkOrigin
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mike W
            >
            > --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, "mikewww7" <mwwdna@> wrote:
            > >
            > > We have a number of DF19 results. It looks like a number of P312* folks will have it. It does not look like it will be anything close to being as large as L21, U152 or Z196, but will probably quickly surpass L238.

          • Jim White
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
              Hi Jim:

              I am Kit # 27045.  My DYS for 389-1 (Locus 10), is 13, which is consistent with the Modal.

              Jim

              Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:49 PM
              Subject: [R-P312Project] Re: DF19 appears to be a fairly significant subclade of R-P312*

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
                Locus 10 and A10 (a.k.a. Y-GATA-A10) are two different markers. Your A10 is 11, the same as the other DF19+ people, and different from the P312 modal.

                Jim

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011

                  DF19 results are included. To look for DF19- go to the "Downstream SNPs" column or click on the "SNPs and Variety" column view macro. This is all under the "AllHts" tab/worksheet. R-DF19 can be selected from the Hg column heading or you can go out to the "Downstream SNPs" and look for DF19+.

                  The "ExtHts" tab/worksheet has 111 marker haplotypes. As I said earlier, there is no clear STR signature pattern at 67 markers. As others have noted, the story is a little different at 111 markers, but there are only three DF19+ that I know of who have tested to 111 markers. These markers from 68-111 appear to be off-modal: 549=12 533=11 A10=11 712<=20 715=23 552=25 643>=11. 549 and 712 are pretty fast markers so I doubt if they'll hold but A10, 715, 643, 533 and 715 are slow so we'll have to see how it works with more 111 haplotypes.

                  Mike

                • mikewww7
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
                    In the Haplotype_Data spreadsheet I had created a speculative deep ancestral variety (potential subclade) that I was calling p1012 that I just changed to d1012. It has off-modal STR signature of 391=10 389i=12, which is a pretty rare combination. The GD's are quite wide so I'm not sure if it is a valid subclade but there is a subset of it that stands a better chance. The subset also has 385=11,15. One of our DF19+ guys, Marwede, is in it so the others should definitely consider testing.

                    fE4870 Marwede Germany, Lower Saxony, Celle, Hermannsburg
                    f126729 Flowers zzzUnkOrigin
                    fN67378 Mathews zzzUnkOrigin
                    fN47555 Penna Italy, Liguria, Savona, Murialdo
                    f87730 Woodruff zzzUnkOrigin
                    yBDASH Woodruff zzzUnkOrigin

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
                      Hi Mike:

                      As you are aware, I recently learned that I had tested +ve for DF 19.  Thus,  I am now P 312+, L 644+, DF 19+.

                      Is there any additional testing you suggest, that I now apply for ?

                      Does testing +ve for DF 19, suggest anything new re my ancestral roots ?

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 5, 2011
                        Mike -

                        The two Woodruffs are my uncles.  They are among a group of several related Woodruffs in my Woodruff project.  The Flowers person is also in the project as a close match.  There are some other closely matching haplotypes that I've collected.  This group has several unusual off-modal markers in addition to the ones you mentioned, such as YCAIIa=20, DYS393=14, CDYb=41, DYS487=14, etc.

                        I have been looking at the DF19 discussion and wondering if someone in this Woodruff group should test for DF19.  Most in the group have tested out to 67 markers but none to 111 yet.  My yBDASH uncle tested originally at DNA Heritage quite a while ago and is now H1542 at FTDNA, so he has some of the 68-111 markers.  My other uncle (f87730) originally tested at DNA-Fingerprint and also has had a few of the 68-111 markers tested.  The Woodruff group results are at http://dna.woodruffgenealogy.net/results.htm (Lineage II).  Comparing the DF19 off-modals that have been mentioned, the group lines up with most of them, the exceptions being 533 and A10.

                        DF19 Off-M ---- Woodruff group

                        481<=23 ---- 22
                        391<=10 ---- 10
                        385=11,15 ---- 11,15

                        549=12 ---- 12
                        533=11 ---- 12
                        A10=11 ---- 13
                        712<=20 ---- not tested
                        715=23 ---- not tested
                        552=25 ---- not tested
                        643>=11 ---- 11

                        There hasn't been a lot of SNP testing in this group since nothing has seemed promising and I haven't kept up with all the latest ones that have been coming out.  But, I could certainly have someone from this group test for DF19 if you think there is some chance of being positive.

                        Mike

                        Haplotype_Data_R-P312xL21.zip spreadsheet at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/R-P312Project/files/

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 6, 2011
                          Mike,

                          There are no gaurantees, but they are the highest odds DF19+ suspects that I can see.

                          Regards, Mike

                          --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, Michael L. H�bert <genlists@...> wrote:

                          > Mike -
                          >
                          > The two Woodruffs are my uncles. They are among a group of several related
                          > Woodruffs in my Woodruff project. The Flowers person is also in the project
                          > as a close match. There are some other closely matching haplotypes that I've
                          > collected. This group has several unusual off-modal markers in addition to
                          > the ones you mentioned, such as YCAIIa=20, DYS393=14, CDYb=41, DYS487=14,
                          > etc.
                          >
                          > I have been looking at the DF19 discussion and wondering if someone in this
                          > Woodruff group should test for DF19. Most in the group have tested out to 67
                          > markers but none to 111 yet. My yBDASH uncle tested originally at DNA
                          > Heritage quite a while ago and is now H1542 at FTDNA, so he has some of the
                          > 68-111 markers. My other uncle (f87730) originally tested at DNA-Fingerprint
                          > and also has had a few of the 68-111 markers tested. The Woodruff group
                          > results are at http://dna.woodruffgenealogy.net/results.htm (Lineage II).
                          > Comparing the DF19 off-modals that have been mentioned, the group lines up
                          > with most of them, the exceptions being 533 and A10.
                          >
                          > DF19 Off-M ---- Woodruff group
                          >
                          > 481<=23 ---- 22
                          > 391<=10 ---- 10
                          > 385=11,15 ---- 11,15
                          >
                          > 549=12 ---- 12
                          > 533=11 ---- 12
                          > A10=11 ---- 13
                          > 712<=20 ---- not tested
                          > 715=23 ---- not tested
                          > 552=25 ---- not tested
                          > 643>=11 ---- 11
                          >
                          > There hasn't been a lot of SNP testing in this group since nothing has seemed
                          > promising and I haven't kept up with all the latest ones that have been
                          > coming out. But, I could certainly have someone from this group test for
                          > DF19 if you think there is some chance of being positive.
                          >
                          > Mike
                          > _____

                        • Michael L. Hébert
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 7, 2011
                            I've ordered DF19 for my Woodruff uncle kit 87730.  Mike

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 7, 2011
                              I never got an email notice, but just checked my Woodruff uncle's (f87730) haplotree page to see if there was a DF19 result yet and it is reporting DF19-, i.e. negative for DF19.