Searching for P312* clusters

  • Vince Tilroe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      I think I've found a possible cluster that exhibits off-modal markers DYS447=24, DYS460=10, and DYS557=15. I have picked out the following Ysearch IDs that all seem to share a common ancestor sometime within the first millennium, gleaning out the ones who are or are most likely P312*:

      9HW5F,BEWXH,BFJKH,DJWQ8,J9CS9,JYJX9,KKCF2,NV69X,PZG3W,U4Z75,UTTMR

      Not all of these have been deep-clade tested, but all are fairly close to the WAMH, and all appear to share an MRCA sometime between 1 CE and 800 CE.

      Vince Tilroe
    • mwwalsh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        Good work! Wow, folks from England to Greece are in this cluster. I wonder what that means.

        What program or who's spreadsheet methodology do you recommend for doing the TMRCA calculations? Do you look at all markers or do you rule out the multi-copy markers?

        --- In R-P312Project@yahoogroups.com, "Vince Tilroe" <vince@...> wrote:

        > I think I've found a possible cluster that exhibits off-modal markers DYS447=24, DYS460=10, and DYS557=15. I have picked out the following Ysearch IDs that all seem to share a common ancestor sometime within the first millennium, gleaning out the ones who are or are most likely P312*:
        >
        > 9HW5F,BEWXH,BFJKH,DJWQ8,J9CS9,JYJX9,KKCF2,NV69X,PZG3W,U4Z75,UTTMR
        >
        > Not all of these have been deep-clade tested, but all are fairly close to the WAMH, and all appear to share an MRCA sometime between 1 CE and 800 CE.
        >
        > Vince Tilroe

      • Vince Tilroe
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
          Whoops! I must have stayed up too late last night.

          This grouping includes a convergent U106+ Null425 cluster which I thought I had eliminated before I ran the last set through McGee. I need to add to those parameters somewhat, mainly adding DYS425=12. Stay tuned.

          I'm using a combo of Excel 2007 (with table sorting/filtering) and McGee to calculate TMRCAs. I don't pay attention to multi-copy markers unless they're slow or infrequent, such as DYS459a&b. I'm also trying out the VAR function as a proxy for checking alleged mutation rates, since my spreadsheets are haplogroup-specific anyway.

          Once I have a data-set established, I'll check it with Ken's Generations2 spreadsheet to double-check the group interclade MRCA. (Haven't got to that stage with this one yet.)

          But the funny thing with this one is that the MRCA between JYJX9 and PZG3W (Greek and English) calculates to about 650 CE, give or take several hundred years. Would that be a statistical anomaly, or could there be a historical explanation? Anyway, that's what got me started.

          Vince