6168Re: [R1b-P312-Project] Chromo2

  • David Carlisle
    Nov 7, 2013
      I see there's a Jones Kit and a Lee Kit in the FTDNA P312 project that have both CTS7550 and PF1085, so you two are apparently so-far on your own little branch.

      From: David Carlisle <davidcar801@...>
      To: "R1b-P312-Project@yahoogroups.com" <R1b-P312-Project@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2013 10:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [R1b-P312-Project] Chromo2

      This is what i get:

      I don't know the significance of the CTS7550 or the PF1085, if it's new or if someone else has it.   That's a research problem for someone else.

      The U106 difference is expected because I'm using a U106 file for comparison.

      The two MISSING SNPs are normal for all files since March.

      You've got one no-call at CTS7912, which means the chip couldn't decide if you were positive or negative.  This is insignificant and normal.

      Comparing _U106Ref_Mar2013.csv and 7T3URNFB.csv

      SNP: CTS7550  G <> A
      SNP: CTS7912  T <> -
      SNP: M379_b  I <> MISSING
      SNP: P108  T <> MISSING
      SNP: PF1085  A <> T
      SNP: U106  T <> C

      Y SNP NoCalls: 0, 1
      Total Y SNPs: 12058, 12056
      Total NoCalls: 277, 245
      Total SNPs: 151822, 142210

      Consistency Check:
      Synced Y SNPs: 12058, 12056
      Total Y SNPs:  12058, 12056

      From: davidcar801@...
      Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:31:33 -0800
      Subject: Re: Re: [R1b-P312-Project] Chromo2

      Did I scan your raw file?  I don't recall.  When I do a scan I compare two files to look for differences.  Looking at the file for positive and negative results is problematic in that some SNPs mistakenly return positive for everyone.  So on occasion someone checking their raw file on their own think they find an unexpected positive, when in reality they've found a mistake in the file.