DF13's modal haplotype - is it ready for prime-time?

  • mikewww7
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2012
      I thought this was something that might be of interest for more people.
      Question from Kathleen:
      It looks I should be using the DF13 as the baseline and not L21. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will include the correct baseline for DF63.

      My response:
      I have not started using the DF13 modal as a baseline yet because it is biased. It is biased towards the very large subclades that were found to be DF13+, including DF49 (which has M222), Z253 (which has L226), L513 (which has L193). All it took was one person from each to test positive and the whole group was included. Meanwhile, L21* have to test one by one to find out of if they are DF13+, which they probably are. There are a lot of L21* people untested yet. When and if they do DF13's modal will probably move closer and closer to L21's.

      I guess we don't if there is a major portion of L21* people that are DF13-. I don't think there are, but it is important to test for.

      Regards,
      Mike W