22821Re: [R1b-L21-Project] Re: Map of Tribes in Ireland in 100 AD

  • Michael McNally
    May 24 8:17 AM
      Thank you Mike for your comment. I got into trouble for mine ha ha but I try to view the overall picture objectively. That is also why I think more attention should be spent on the archaeological digs done in the British Isles and the continent as well. I had a Drop Box up which showed an early passage grave cairn. It was from an article in a Seanchas Ard Mhacha from 1962, which is a religious publication from Armagh, but it was objective and it compared it to others found on the continent. The closest comparison was from Spain and even closer to those found in Portugal. However, none of them had a chamber at the end as did the early one found in Ireland. Also, the early one found in Ireland was octagonal whereas the newer ones found in places like Brugh na Boinne are round. It appears that they changed as time went by. Using carbon dating we have found when various tribes went through different parts of Ireland. To me I would think this would be the best way to compare SNPs to various time eras such as when the Beaker people went through.
         Anyhow, I carried on a bit to long and I truly mean no offense to anyone. I'm just throwing a suggestion out there since tracing the SNPs through actual paper/vellum/hide documentation is not a veryreliable option.

      Slainte,
      Mike McNally
      f198682

      On Friday, May 23, 2014 9:38 PM, "rory.cain1@... [R1b-L21-Project]" <R1b-L21-Project@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Mike, doubtless innumerable Irish monks saw no higher possible purpose to their lives than to Christianise their countrymen. It is also evident that others devoted their energies to serving the political interests of their patrons. Particularly successful in this regard were the monks of Armagh serving the Ui Niall regime, who needed to legitimise their relatively recent takeover of the northern province from the Erainn and the Ulaid (Kathleens' point is noted and I will refrain from using a politically term like "Ulster").

      Just as the notion of central monarchy, i.e. High Kingship is a fairly recent invention in Ireland, so too the notion of an ecclesiastical empire like those of Byzantium, Rome or Canterbury which the ambitious monks of Armagh sought to emulate. The older ecclesiastical scene in Ireland mirrored the political scene of numerous independent petty kingdoms and numerous independent ecclesiastical institutions. We've been sold political propaganda posing as history, I'm afraid and both Tara and Armagh were never in history what they are now claimed to be.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic