Daily Qur'an & Hadith 02 April 2010 (16 Rabi'al Thani 1431)

  • Quran Forum
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010

      Al Qur'an
      English Translation of Al-Quran
      [5]. Surah Al-Ma'idah [The Table Spread With Food]
      Ayat 77. Say (O Muhammad ): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

      Hadith
      English Translation of Hadith

      Hazrat Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet  [S.A.W.W]((P.B.U.H) to inquire about the worship of the Prophet  [S.A.W.W]((P.B.U.H). When they were informed, they considered their worship insignificant and said: "Where are we in comparison with the Prophet  [S.A.W.W]((P.B.U.H) while Allah has forgiven his past sins and future sins". One of them said: "As for me, I shall offer Salat all night long.'' Another said: "I shall observe Saum (fasting) continuously and shall not break it". Another said: "I shall abstain from women and shall never marry". The Prophet  [S.A.W.W]((P.B.U.H) came to them and said, "Are you the people who said such and such things? By Allah, I fear Allah more than you do, and I am most obedient and dutiful among you to Him, but still I observe fast and break it; perform Salat and sleep at night and take wives. So whoever turns away from my Sunnah does not belong to me".

      [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

      Lesson : as mentioned above in Surah Maida Ayat 77 "Exceed not the limits in your religion"

      1. This Hadith deals with the following five points:

      a) Moderation in worship keep it in limits of Sunnah.

      b) Obligation to marry.

      c) Inducement for following in the Prophet's footsteps.

      d) Prohibition from observing Saum (fasts) all the time.

      e) Prohibition of keeping awake all the night for Nawafil prayers.

      2. There is neither virtue nor reward for making innovations in religion. All the blessings and rewards lie only in the obedience and following the conduct of the Prophet (PBUH).

      Disclaimer: This e-mail is not SPAM & its never sent unsolicited. You have received this mail because you subscribed to it or, someone forwarded it to you. or your e-mail address to us.

      To unsubscribe reply with subject "Stop Sending" with a reason to Unsubscribe, We required reason only to correct out Mistakes.

      or subscribe if this message was forwarded to you) send e-mail to or subscribe if this message was forwarded to you) send e-mail to quran.forum@... or to Quran_Forum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Visit the Web* www.quranacademy.com and www.tanzeem.org also download Quran from www.quranpda.com

      (Jazak Allah Khair) اللہ آپ کو آسانیاں عطا فرمائے۔

      جزاكم الله خيرا وأحسن الجزاء في الدنيا والأخرة