Great News ! Chris Daly has officially endorsed James Keys for Supe in SF D6 !!

  • mesha
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 10:11 PM
      Photo by Luke ThomasBy Luke Thomas

      August 10, 2010, 5:24 pmEnding months of much anticipation and
      speculation, termed out District 6 Supervisor Chris Daly announced to
      FCJ today he has endorsed community organizer James Keys in the hotly
      contested race to succeed the thrice-elected supervisor."James was
      by my side through my toughest battles," Daly told FCJ. "While
      there are many good candidates in this race, James Keys best represents
      what I'm about — social and economic justice for our City's
      most vulnerable. His campaign may not have the most money or
      endorsements, but he does have a special connection with the
      constituents that I love and the will to overcome great odds."Keys,
      a long-time aide and former 2006 re-election campaign manager for Daly,
      has earned this campaign's highest profile endorsement, catapulting
      Keys to the top tier of candidates vying to replace Daly. With
      Daly's endorsement, Keys will benefit from Daly's ties to the
      District 6 community as well as Daly's proven ability to win
      elections against well financed candidates.Responding to the
      development, Keys said, "I am humbled to be receiving the
      endorsement of Supervisor Chris Daly, who has done so much for our
      District. It's going to be helpful to have him with me as I work to
      continue his legacy."Daly said he will formally endorse Keys during
      a campaign barbecue to be held Saturday at 11am in Boeddeker Park.