40 years of gay liberation

  • Iolmisha@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2009
      40 years of gay liberation
      Date: 4/20/2009 5:43:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time
      From:    avimecca@... (tommi avicolli mecca)

      June is the 40th anniversary of Stonewall and the creation of the Gay Liberation movement. Remember how wild and wonderful we were? Here's a list of events so far to celebrate the 40th. Feel free to spread around...tommi

      SAN FRANCISCO STONEWALL/GLF 40 EVENTS:

      WED., JUNE 3: kickoff reading for "Smash the Church, Smash the State: the early years of gay liberation," an anthology of writings about the post-Stonewall movement published by City Lights Books and edited by Tommi Avicolli Mecca. Featuring Bay Area contributors to the book, including Blackeberri, Merle Woo, N.A. Diaman, Dajenya, Pam Mitchell, Barbara Ruth, Paola Bacchetta, Steven F. Dansky, Martha Shelley, and Richard Bollingbroke. Main Library, 100 Larkin, 5:30pm. Cosponsored by Queer Arts Festival. For info on the book, go to http://www.citylights.com/book/?GCOI=87286100736280

      SAT. JUNE 6: panel discussion: GLF 40: Where we were, where we are now, with Blackberri, Paola Bacchetta, Steven F. Dansky, N.A. Diaman, Martha Shelley, and Merle Woo. Moderated by Tommi Avicolli Mecca. Main library, 100 Larkin, 2-4pm. Co-sponsored by Queer Arts Festival and LGBT Historical Society.

      SAT., JUNE 27: reunion of Stonewall/GLF 40, LGBT Historical Society, 653 Mission #300, 2-4pm. Cosponsored by LGBT Historical Society.

      SUN., JUNE 28: Stonewall/GLF 40 contingent in front of LGBT march (more info later).

      Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61838521136