733Re: Fwd: URGENT: Security Needed at Hallidie Plaza (elevator service)

  • Justin DeCastro
    Mar 2, 2010
      Thanks, Bevan!

      BTW, can't the "sit/lie" ordinance be the kind where it is declared for a specific street or other venue until the specific "problem" is resolved, rather than making it a citywide permanent ordinance for all parts of our city and for all times?  I mean, what's the point in having a little open space at Castro/17th/Market if we can be kicked out for sitting around soaking in some rays and chatting with friends while we eat our subway sandwiches, for example.

      It seems so draconian and will only set a precedent for limiting our Constitutional freedoms, which is never a good thing to do, as we all know.

      Ciao for now,

                    JUSTIN DeCASTRO
                justindecastro@...
             Live & Let Live! Love & Let Love!

      _______________

      On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Bevan Dufty <Bevan.Dufty@...> wrote:

      Justin

      I've asked SFPUC, BART and DPW to be aware of this concern.

      Keep me posted.

       From:       Justin DeCastro <justindecastro@...>

       To:         "Osborne, Jamie C" <jamie.osborne@...>, Ken Stein <Ken.Stein@...>, ADAPT-CAL@yahoogroups.com, Berkeley-Disabled
                   <berkeley-disabled@yahoogroups.com>, Chris Daly <Chris.Daly@...>, Bevan Dufty <Bevan.Dufty@...>

       Date:       03/02/2010 04:40 PM

       Subject:    Fwd: URGENT: Security Needed at Hallidie Plaza (elevator service)

      Could you please notify DPW directly that there needs to be lighting in
      Hallidie Plaza closest to the elevator system there?  I figure you have
      direct contact over City departments, correct?

      Thank you so much.