5First testimony: How much produces a beehive of Natural Extensive Beekeeping?

  • Oscar Perone
    Apr 2 4:16 PM
      My thanks to Pablo Baroffio of Argentina to translate the text below:

      Hello to all.,

      How much produces the beehives that you propose? ,

      It is a question that people have done to me, very many times, from the same day that I
      placed my humble blog in Internet, April 9 of 2009.

      And this is a question that I excused myself to answer, because I considered correct, and
      believe more prudent, that other person, with more prestige than me, which it was not
      possible to be doubted, nor by its beekeeper capacity, nor by its provable honesty, it
      would respond in my place .

      The opportunity has arrived, because a sent message to the list of ApiculturaNatural by
      Mr. Claudio R. Padovano-Desoyard, a Doctor and experimented beekeeper, with beehives
      placed in Buenos Aires and Bariloche, south of Argentine Republic say with testimony
      quality:

      " My beehives, populated with Carniolan honey bee (Apis mellifera carnica Pollmann), the
      bee race adapted to the extreme winter conditions, since in this zone we have snow, in
      Bariloche, and where the Africanized honey bees (AHB) cannot survive "

      In this part of the message, he demonstrates that the system that I propose, not only
      works with Africanized honey bees (AHB). And next, he say:

      " I weigh some Perone beehives, conformed like this:

      floor of Calden (a strong wood variety)
      4 standard box (Langstroth) for make a 1 meter high nest
      1 Langstroth 1/2 box for reserves
      8 Langstroth 1/2 box for harvest zone (all box made in algarrobo wood, an other strong
      wood variety)
      Ceiling and telescopic roof.

      All this beehive (wood and honey including) have 469,5 pounds (213 Kg) and, when the bees
      finish to cap cells the last box, the beehive will be ready to harvest. "

      Needless to say, the average production of honey from the area using standard techniques
      in this season is 44 pounds (20 Kg).

      This beekeeper has results, because was one of the few, that listened to me and it did
      what I recommend when, a year ago I said ( and today I continue saying ): Please, do not
      believe me. Do it, and you can verify .

      Doctor Claudio R. Padovano-Desoyard, are a first people that listened and believed to me,
      because, may be, he was already searching in the same way, since before to adopt the
      technique that I recommend, he has used the technique of our common teacher, the
      brilliant beekeeper Manuel Oksman, technique from where the present method comes,
      offered by me, and whose results arrives to us, by the testimony of Claudio.

      If you request to verify it, clicks in the next link (original text in spanish):

      http://www.egrupos.net/grupo/apiculturanatural/archivo/indice/661/msg/681/

      NOTE:

      The hive is considered armed as follows:

      Nest area and honey reserves (holy, untouchable for ever):

      4 standard box (Langstroth) for make a 1 meter high nest

      and

      1 Langstroth 1/2 box (additional reserves of honey)

      AND

      Area beekeeper to harvest honey:

      8 Langstroth 1/2 box for harvest zone.

      By taking the weight mentioned
      ALL THE HIVE IS FULL.

      The area of the nest is complete.

      The additional reserves area are complete,
      and area beekeeper to harvest contains 7.5 Langstroth 1/2 box
      filled with honey.

      Now:

      Each Langstroth 1/2 box contains 11,340 liters of honey (3 gallons),

      11.340 liters of honey, they weigh an average of 16.200 kg. (35.8 pounds)
      by multiplying this weight by 7.5 boxes, total weight is as follows:

      16,200 Kg. x 7,5 = 121,5 Kg.
      or
      35,8 pound x 7,5 = 268,5 pounds.

      It is appropriate to mention that the population of this hive comes from a swarm.

      For more information, please see:

      http://www.oscarperone.com.ar

      Oscar Perone

      Buenos Aires