Quasimidi Raven fault question

  • Daniel Baum
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16, 2010
      Hi all,

      I hope this list is still active . . .

      It has an error which means that it often produces lo-fi sound, which is
      much lower in pitch than it should be. There is also a very high pitched
      whistling sound when you turn it on.

      The problem is most often heard if I turn the Raven off and then turn it in
      again, but recently it has been happening more often.

      Usually if I leave it for a while and then turn it on, the problem goes away.

      Has anyone ever come across this?

      Regards,

      Daniel

    • Daniel Baum
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2010
        Me again,

        I somehow left out the first line of my previous message, which was:

        I have a Quasimidi Raven Max . . .

        Sorry,

        Daniel

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2010
          Hi Daniel,

          this can be a power supply/regulation problem. I had some prob like that
          with both Raven and Rave-o-lution - Raven had some leaking capacitors
          near psu (it behaved somehow like circuit-bent:-), Rave-o sometimes didn't
          start up or started sounding wierd - here a simple change of memory
          battery did it.

          Have a electronics wizard check and measure it.

          Greets, Ingo

          Am 16.09.2010 20:57, schrieb Daniel Baum:
          > Me again,
          >
          > I somehow left out the first line of my previous message, which was:
          >
          > I have a Quasimidi Raven Max . . .
          >
          > Sorry,
          >
          > Daniel

        • Daniel Baum
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16, 2010
            Thanks VERY much.

            That makes a lot of sense.

            I should be able to find someone to fix it now.

            Daniel

            this can be a power supply/regulation problem. I had some prob like that
            with both Raven and Rave-o-lution - Raven had some leaking capacitors
            near psu (it behaved somehow like circuit-bent:-), Rave-o sometimes didn't
            start up or started sounding wierd - here a simple change of memory
            battery did it.

            Have a electronics wizard check and measure it.

            Greets, Ingo

            Am 16.09.2010 20:57, schrieb Daniel Baum:
            > Me again,
            >
            > I somehow left out the first line of my previous message, which was:
            >
            > I have a Quasimidi Raven Max . . .
            >
            > Sorry,
            >
            > Daniel

          • Daniel Baum
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2010
              Hi all,

              It looks like I've found a technician who will tackle my Raven. I'll take it to him as soon as possible.

              Meanwhile, although I've had it for a while, I've never really used it much, other than as a controller keyboard.

              I've spent hours doodling with it over the last few days, and I'd never realised what a box of fun it is.

              One question: some of my ROM "motives" seem to be blank - approx nos 50-60 in each bank. Is this normal? Not exactly a disaster but I'd still like to know. It's such as quirky beast that you can never tell.

              Thanks,

              D.

              PS. What were they thinking when they only gave it two outputs?