my damned raven

  • marcello_nocito
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
      Hi to all,

      It happended another time. I'm really frustrated. The memory is gone
      another time.
      I was just checking a pc for a customer, then i took the raven AC
      cable to connect the pc.
      Now i was in the good mood for creating something, and zzacc the
      memory is Kaput. I switched on my raven and the titles of songs are
      replaced by nasty charachters. I have lost 3 good songs of my own.
      God*******%%&""**
      Do anybody know if the raven has an internal backup cell for keeping
      the rom informations? I'm usually able to do whatever i want with
      techno gears, pc and so on(i'm a discrete programmer as well), but the
      raven is always proving me harder and harder. I'm going to send it to
      his creator maybe, because is my drug and my pain as the same time....

      Scuse me for my fears and sorrows . I had to give them out somewhere...

      bye all
    • Pas
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2005
        There is a battery backup for the internal RAM info...such as songs and
        patches. As for ROM you dont need any battery backup...its cant be erased.
        You should do midi dumps on a regular basis if you are having problems
        loosing data. Also if it happens every time you unplug the unit you may
        want to check the internal battery and replace it if its dead.

        -Pas

        > It happended another time. I'm really frustrated. The memory is gone
        > another time.
        > I was just checking a pc for a customer, then i took the raven AC
        > cable to connect the pc.
        > Now i was in the good mood for creating something, and zzacc the
        > memory is Kaput. I switched on my raven and the titles of songs are
        > replaced by nasty charachters. I have lost 3 good songs of my own.
        > God*******%%&""**
        > Do anybody know if the raven has an internal backup cell for keeping
        > the rom informations? I'm usually able to do whatever i want with
        > techno gears, pc and so on(i'm a discrete programmer as well), but the
        > raven is always proving me harder and harder. I'm going to send it to
        > his creator maybe, because is my drug and my pain as the same time....
        >
        > Scuse me for my fears and sorrows . I had to give them out somewhere...
        >
        > bye all

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Marcello Nocito
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
          I think the internal ram is quite completely dead.
          Have you got any further info for changing it?
          Where can find it and what kind of model should i buy?

          Thank you Pas.

          ___________________________________
          Yahoo! Messenger: chiamate gratuite in tutto il mondo
          http://it.beta.messenger.yahoo.com
        • Marcello Nocito
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
            Thank you Pas.
            The battery was quite sticky.
            I've replaced it. I never open my raven before.
            Not much inside, but however it's seem quite easy to
            fix/replace board components and so on.
            I hope that with the new one i can use the raven as
            scratchpad for my music.

            thankx

            ___________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.it
          • Pas
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4, 2005
              If I remember correctly its a 2032....but I would have to check. I will
              look on monday. Its a big silver disk. It may be soldered in place Im not
              quite sure...I will look and see if I cant get a few digital pics and a
              how-to writen up. Im sure there are others that could benefit from having
              that as well :)

              -Pas

              >I think the internal ram is quite completely dead.
              > Have you got any further info for changing it?
              > Where can find it and what kind of model should i buy?
              >
              > Thank you Pas.

            • Marcello Nocito
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 5, 2005
                Hi Pas,

                my is battery cell is not soldered. Is a common
                battery for watches and mainboard(maybe... i don't
                remember well).
                However i have the raven with the max expansion
                (ver.2.0).
                I have also noticed that on the right part of the
                board I've another unusued place for another cell
                (maybe it differs from different version of the
                raven).
                However, the cell will cost you 2.5 euro.
                I hope that i can work on my songs enough, before
                backing up, however i will dump on pc after i got next
                song finished.
                The raven sequencer is too user friendly and immediate
                to use, so i think that my creativity will prevail on
                my logical thinking and data awareness istinct...
                .... good luck to myself...

                bye all

                http://mail.yahoo.it
              • zenko lucyk