Filter cutoff noise...

  • tekmonsteruk
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2005
      Hello, i was wondering if maybe others have had the same problem.
      On some single sounds there is noise and crackling when i move the
      filter cutoff to its maximum. I don`t know if it`s only certain
      sounds this occurs with but it has been happening when in sequencer
      mode and with both the mod wheel and the `soft` knobs. Maybe its
      the actual sounds themselves that don`t like to be filtered to the
      maximum or maybe its the calibration of my realtime controls. I
      recently downloaded the manual from this group and so was able to
      factory-reset and re-calibrate them - the modwheels and pitchbend
      were suspiciously out of kilter!

      Otherwise its working great though... what a machine! The best arp
      module ever! Hope someone can offer any advice or help.

      Thanx.
    • Marcello Nocito
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 7, 2005
        HI,

        I'm a raven owner too and i think it's a wonderful
        machine.
        The problem is that under my opinion it has a bunch of
        bugs, that will drive you crazy.
        The one you mentioned about the knobs is just one.
        I suggest you to use the quasimidi with an external
        sequencer, because the internal one got problems, and
        you can easily lose data.
        I really don't know if this problem is electrical,
        however my other gears work fine(rm1x - yamaha an200 -
        pc).
        For me the only way to use quasimidi safely is
        connected with a pc and sequence it through a pc.
        What a shame, because you lose all the ease control of
        the internal seq and the easy recording of
        arpeggiator.

        byebye

        ___________________________________
        Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
        http://it.messenger.yahoo.it
      • Marcello Nocito
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2005
          HI,

          I'm a raven owner too and i think it's a wonderful
          machine.
          The problem is that under my opinion it has a bunch of
          bugs, that will drive you crazy.
          The one you mentioned about the knobs is just one.
          I suggest you to use the quasimidi with an external
          sequencer, because the internal one got problems, and
          you can easily lose data.
          I really don't know if this problem is electrical,
          however my other gears work fine(rm1x - yamaha an200 -
          pc). However i've seen other gear from quasimidi
          having power problems, memory problems and so on.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 8, 2005
            You know what Marcello, i think you are right. Before i was able to
            do a factory-reset i was having occasional wierd crashes and virus-
            like distortion of the user presets and songs. Maybe i should dump
            all my new stuff and save it b4 anything happens again. It is a
            beast though - the pads that can be created in performance mode are
            just soooo good. I`ve lost myself in two chords many-a-time. And
            the sequencer is so quick and easy and logical...

            It is a real real pity that it`s let down in this relatively minor,
            yet all-pervasive, way. Of course the filters are crap but thats
            just a shame hehehe...

            CHEERS.

            PS I wonder how many others have had similar problems.
          • Marcello Nocito
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 9, 2005
              HI,

              i think that all the quasimidi owners got an amount of
              problem (more or less).
              The main fact is that the raven (as other gear from
              quasimidi) has been created to operate with his own
              onboard sequencer.

              But the onboard sequencer is not secure for storing
              your songs, patterns or patches.
              It's a perverse gear because, however i think that
              this night i'm going to play it...
              Maybe i'll record my pattern as audio track...
              A quasimidi sequencer maybe...(maybe other bugs).
              However they seems a little without live feature..?...

              bye

              Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica… Scaricalo ora!
              http://it.messenger.yahoo.it
            • Jon Doh

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 10, 2005
                  Hi all,

                  Just to add my opinion/experience on this wonderful synth (i think most of you on this group will agree with me for the term "wonderful" ;-) :
                  - never had a single problem with the internal sequencer, I'm even using it to play live (hope I won't have any bad surprise some day !)
                  - the main disadvantage for me is the filter which is very weak and seems to only work on some sounds only...

                  Bye.