raven + external sequencer

  • niall munnelly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2004
      heya,

      a couple of questions. the raven manual mentions that controller change
      messages, rather than sysex, are the preferred means of communication between
      the raven and an external sequencer. this is great - it's fast and saimple
      and that smart engineering is apparent in the 309 and polymorph, both of
      which make exensive use of CC.

      the trouble is there's no list of parameters and their controllers in the
      manual (unlike the 309 and polymorph) - there's just syxex data, as far as i
      can tell.

      yuk!

      does any one know if controller changes work with the raven, and what they
      are?

      number two: does anyone use the raen with sounddiver? i just tried it with
      the public beta and it looks really, really useless. there's nothing in the
      module =|

      --
      yours,
      niall.

      .. .radio.free.destruktobot. ..
      playing now: nothing. - you guessed it... - rebuilding again.
    • klaus_ww
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2004
        Hi,
        I can't tell anything to Sounddiver, but at least a hint to your
        first question.
        The manual refers to sound-changes which can either be done by a
        complete syxex-dump (of course not recommended!) or by a simple
        bank/prog change command.

        The controlers listed in the chapter "Modulation Matrix" give the
        answers to "What controler ist used for which parameters?".
        Each controler can be assigned to e.g. LFO, Pitch, FX, Cutoff etc.

        Means, you assign the target for each controler in the ravens menu.

        Hope that helps.

        --- In Quasimidi-The-Raven@yahoogroups.com, niall munnelly

        .