Next Summer Trainning Series at Great Falls, MD--July 8th

  • donkst2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 12:44 PM
      The next summer training series event will be held at Great Falls,
      MD (with parking at the VFW) on Saturday, July 8th. David Onkst
      will be setting the course. Please meet at the VFW no later than
      4:30 PM, as we will all walk to the start together, and if you are
      late, you will not know where to find us.

      The exercise is essentially a fast paced control picking course
      (i.e. several short legs with lots of controls on them--so you have
      to navigate to the correct one quickly without being distracted by
      other people or other controls). There will be two loops, an A
      Loop, which is 2.8 km (with 105 meters of climb), and a B Loop,
      which is 2.9 km (with 120 meters of climb). Both loops each have 19
      controls. The area we will cover is extremely small, an approximate
      1.5 K square section. The maps will be PRE-PRINTED and scaled at
      1:5000. Participants will have a maximum of 90 minutes to complete
      both loops, although it will probably take most of you much less
      time to finish them.

      If you are planning on coming, please e-mail Dave ASAP (no later
      than Thursday Night) at donkst@... with a subject line
      entitled "Training Request for Great Falls" and include your name
      and experience level. The training will be limited to a small group
      of people (a maximum of 19). Please note, this course and exercise
      is only intended for intermediate to advanced orienteers; in other
      words, it is not, unfortunately, a course for beginners
    • donkst2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3 12:59 PM
[...]

        Bring some extra water for yourself, and yes, we will be going out
        to eat afterward, so plan to join us.
      • donkst2002