McKeldin/Patapsco This Sunday

  • GregL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2012
      Start off your 2012 orienteering by heading to the McKeldin area of Patapsco Valley State Park near Marriottsville MD this Sunday! Course setters Mark & Patti Mace have a full set of 7 courses (white through blue) on offer, and meet directors John & Jody Landers have promised a fire in the pavilion grill to help warm things up. [Feel free to bring items to grill.] Registration will be from 10:45 - 1:15, the start window is from 11 - 1:30pm, and please be back at the finish no later than 3pm.

      In addition to the beginner instruction that's always available, QOC member Ted Good (the dashing fellow featured - or is it the fellow dashing -  in the "Challenge Yourself" banner photo on the QOC website homepage) will be conducting an advanced training session starting at 10:30 and running 15 - 30 minutes. Pre-registration is not needed.

      For full details about the event (and the training session), head to the QOC McKeldin event webpage .

      Directions: (Google Map link here)

      From I-695/I-70 West take I-70 to Marriottsville Rd. (Exit 83). Go North on Marriottsville Rd. for 4 miles to the park entrance on the right. After paying park entrance fees, follow O-signs to shelter #501.

      From I-70 East take Rt. 40 (Exit 82, Balt. Natl. Pike) to Marriottsville Rd. Turn left. Park entrance is 5 miles on the right. After paying park entrance fees, follow O-signs to shelter #501.