Junior Coach Seeks Some QOC Members to Help Shadow Juniors

  • donkst2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi All,

      I'm looking to gather the names and contact information of some adult, advanced-level QOC members (those who do Green and Red Courses) who might be willing to occasionally help shadow (about two or three times during the 2009-2010 QOC season) some of the Junior Orienteering Program Members and give them some feedback about their runs during local meets.

      It would NOT be a huge time commitment, and it would certainly help them with their orienteering. You would simply meet up with the junior a few minutes before they go out on their course at a local meet, follow them and evaluate their outing, and then give them a few minutes of feedback afterward. I had a few people do this with some juniors last year, and both parties found the experience extremely satisfying.

      If this is something you would be interested in helping out with, please e-mail me ASAP at qoccoach@... and express your interest, as well as leaving your contact information.

      Thank you for your help with this matter.

      Best Regards,

      Dave Onkst,
      QOC Junior Orienteering Program Coach
    • Jan Merka
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
        Sign me in :)

        Jan

        On Friday 02 October 2009, donkst2002 wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I'm looking to gather the names and contact information of some adult,
        > advanced-level QOC members (those who do Green and Red Courses) who might
        > be willing to occasionally help shadow (about two or three times during
        > the 2009-2010 QOC season) some of the Junior Orienteering Program Members
        > and give them some feedback about their runs during local meets.
        >
        > It would NOT be a huge time commitment, and it would certainly help them
        > with their orienteering. You would simply meet up with the junior a few
        > minutes before they go out on their course at a local meet, follow them
        > and evaluate their outing, and then give them a few minutes of feedback
        > afterward. I had a few people do this with some juniors last year, and
        > both parties found the experience extremely satisfying.
        >
        > If this is something you would be interested in helping out with, please
        > e-mail me ASAP at qoccoach@... and express your interest, as well
        > as leaving your contact information.
        >
        > Thank you for your help with this matter.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > Dave Onkst,
        > QOC Junior Orienteering Program Coach

      • David Onkst
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
          Great Jan--thanks for volunteering.

          I'm considering planning a shadowing event for next week at Orange
          Grove/Avalon, while I'm at the Hudson Highlander. Shadowing is mainly going
          to occur when I am out of town and can't hold a regular training day with
          the juniors.

          Would you be available next week?

          I'll let you know how things progress.

          Many Thanks,

          Dave

          BY THE WAY--congrats on getting into such great shape. You and Dasha look
          fantastic. Very inspiring. Great run last week. Talk with you soon.