Re: Vista problem

  • Sergei Antonov
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2008
      --- In QuadtoneRIP@yahoogroups.com, "cygwynn" <evan@...> wrote:

      > When I drop MeasureFile.txt on QTR-Create-ICC, the message appears -
      > "the Lab values are not in order. Cannot make a profile".
      >
      > I think this is a Vista problem. Anyone have a sugestion?

      Switch to Mac. That will certainly improve results of your measurements.
    • Joel Conison
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
        If you are reading the values with an I one, you need to read each
        value separately, not running over the whole line. This also happened
        to me. It's very agravating, but that's how I solved this problem.
        Read each step wedge.
        Joel Conison
        On Jun 13, 2008, at 1:21 AM, Sergei Antonov wrote:

        > --- In QuadtoneRIP@yahoogroups.com, "cygwynn" <evan@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > When I drop MeasureFile.txt on QTR-Create-ICC, the message appears -
        > > "the Lab values are not in order. Cannot make a profile".
        > >
        > > I think this is a Vista problem. Anyone have a sugestion?
        > >
        > Switch to Mac. That will certainly improve results of your
        > measurements.

      • cygwynn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
          Can't swich to a Mac and am not using an Eye1. Am using an X-rite
          strip reader. I do not even want to use any automation. I am dropping
          the sample text file on the profile maker without even putting in my
          L values (only the unaltered txt file) and it still will not work.

          - In QuadtoneRIP@yahoogroups.com, Joel Conison <jcon77@...> wrote:

          > If you are reading the values with an I one, you need to read each
          > value separately, not running over the whole line. This also
          happened
          > to me. It's very agravating, but that's how I solved this problem.
          > Read each step wedge.
          > Joel Conison
          > On Jun 13, 2008, at 1:21 AM, Sergei Antonov wrote:
          >
          > > --- In QuadtoneRIP@yahoogroups.com, "cygwynn" <evan@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > When I drop MeasureFile.txt on QTR-Create-ICC, the message
          appears -
          > > > "the Lab values are not in order. Cannot make a profile".
          > > >
          > > > I think this is a Vista problem. Anyone have a sugestion?
          > > >
          > > Switch to Mac. That will certainly improve results of your
          > > measurements.

        • Joel Conison
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
            I believe the X-Rite will also read each patch manually. That's what
            worked for me
            Joel
            On Jun 13, 2008, at 2:24 PM, cygwynn wrote:

            > Can't swich to a Mac and am not using an Eye1. Am using an X-rite
            > strip reader. I do not even want to use any automation. I am dropping
            > the sample text file on the profile maker without even putting in my
            > L values (only the unaltered txt file) and it still will not work.
            >
            > - In QuadtoneRIP@yahoogroups.com, Joel Conison <jcon77@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you are reading the values with an I one, you need to read each
            > > value separately, not running over the whole line. This also
            > happened
            > > to me. It's very agravating, but that's how I solved this problem.
            > > Read each step wedge.
            > > Joel Conison

            > appears -

            > > > Switch to Mac. That will certainly improve results of your
            > > > measurements.

          • Roy Harrington
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
              You need to show us the txt file that you are using.

              Roy

              On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:24 AM, cygwynn <evan@...> wrote:
              > Can't swich to a Mac and am not using an Eye1. Am using an X-rite
              > strip reader. I do not even want to use any automation. I am dropping
              > the sample text file on the profile maker without even putting in my
              > L values (only the unaltered txt file) and it still will not work.
              >
              > - In QuadtoneRIP@yahoogroups.com, Joel Conison <jcon77@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> If you are reading the values with an I one, you need to read each
              >> value separately, not running over the whole line. This also
              > happened
              >> to me. It's very agravating, but that's how I solved this problem.
              >> Read each step wedge.
              >> Joel Conison

              > appears -

              >> > Switch to Mac. That will certainly improve results of your
              >> > measurements.

            • cygwynn
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 13, 2008
                I am using the following file that appears on this site:
                File/Tools/MeasureFile.txt.
                I am not changing it- just dropping it on
                -QTR-Create-ICC.
                Do you want me to send my downloaded`copy of this file to you as an e-
                mail addachment?