Tree in the Circle Full Moon Ritual 1/18

  • chaliceseeker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2011
      A Full Moon in Cancer ritual will be presented by Tree in the Circle (Mary and Robin) for JUC CUUPS on Tuesday, Jan. 18 at 7:00 PM at Jefferson Unitarian Church, 14350 W. 32nd Ave., 1 mile west of 32nd and Youngfield, just past the Roundabout.

      Tree in the Circle is Qabalistic Wicca, which incorporates mythology, astrology and Tarot, and the appropriate Tarot card for Cancer is The Chariot, which can represent getting moving.  Lighting the Full Moon, the Sun, of course, is still in Capricorn, and Capricorn's card is The Devil, which can represent that which keeps us from getting moving.  We'll have cards for all to see and discuss.

      The deities on the altar for this Full Moon are Celtic -- Lugh, the Sun god, and Arianrhod, Moon goddess.   Arianrhod was the mother of twin boys, one of whom, Dylan, slipped away into the sea shortly after his birth.
      Lleu, the other twin, after overcoming difficulties (inflicted by his mother) became a successful hunter.   The twins can be said to represent the unconscious and conscious minds.

      We will be meditating on what keeps us from doing what we want to do and what is missing, buried in our unconscious mind.

      We will close with a chant affirming that we CAN do what we choose to do.

      Please join us!