Kabbalah Thought - Having It All (This is a good one!)

  • chaliceseeker@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2011

      Can we have it all? Must we give something up in order to get what we want?

      Many of us are resigned to hitting the glass ceiling at work, to settling for someone who will warm our bed if not our heart, to putting our passions away to pursue a “normal life.” We allow statistics, authorities, desperation, and old voices from the past to cloud our vision of the future.

      The Light wants to give us everything, yet we limit ourselves. And whether we’ve allowed someone to tell us that we cannot have it all, or perceived failures have convinced us as such, this limited thinking is precisely why we do eventually have to give something up. We don’t believe we can have it all. If only we would start with an uncompromising, unrelenting desire to give ourselves a 10 in every area of our lives, then we’d start to raise the bar.

      But the problem is we are resigned to the fact that, while we can experience unlimited success, our success must be limited to one or two areas in our life. I remember as a child in school I was great in math, but if you showed me an English book forget about it. At a certain point in my school career I had a teacher who made me feel like a zero when it came to literacy so I just stopped trying and resigned myself to being a math whiz.

      However, years later, when grades didn’t matter, I found I had things to say that people could relate to. And I found a way to communicate those ideas in books, and sure enough, people responded to them. I’m sure you’ve experienced the same high I did when you discovered you could excel at something you thought you stunk at.

      This week, the universe wants us to learn that:

      We can have it all.

      Why not? Rethink what you expect out of life. And do something revolutionary. You can do that by reconnecting with something you were once passionate about, or disconnect from something that’s putting out your fire. Stop a bad habit. Pick up an old hobby. Just do something that helps you reconnect to that part of you that knows the sky’s the limit.

      All the best,

      Yehuda