601Kabbalah Thought

  • chaliceseeker@aol.com
    Jul 6, 2011
      Kabbalists teach that the best way to keep what we've got is to maintain our desire for it.

      However, this is contrary to our nature. We spend years running after something—love, money, health—and the minute we get it we're after something else, forgetting how much we once wanted that lover, business, cure.

      The Zohar states that desire is a vessel that holds the Light. When our passion wanes, so goes the Light. This pretty much sums up a lot of negative patterns in our lives: We have a lack that stimulates our desire; our desire draws Light; we lose our passion; we fall back into lack; our craving is reawakened, and so on and so forth.

      How do we get off this misery-merry-go-round of profit and loss?

      A person with a true desire for life has an appreciation for what he has, yet he still craves more. He knows he is in possession of wonderful gifts but he also knows they can disappear at any moment. He feels full and empty at the same time.

      In what areas of your life have you lost your appetite?

      What family, friends, job, possessions, physical capabilities do you take for granted?

      What will you do differently this week that will help you rebuild a true vessel to continue receiving what you already have?

      If you spend time letting this Tune-Up penetrate, you'll find that spiritual lack can actually be quite fulfilling.

      All the best,

      Yehuda

    • Show all 58 messages in this topic