HUDAN ( هُدًى) = GUIDANCE

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2006
      HUDAN ( هُدًى) = GUIDANCE

      (ha', dal, alif maqsura)

      Dhalika al-kitabu la rayba fihi hudan lil muttaqina

      2:2 This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.

      ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهِ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِين

      Ula'ika `ala hudan min rabbihim wa ula'ika humu al-muflihuna

      2:5 They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.

          أُوْلَـئِكَ عَلَى هُدًى مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ

      MA'WAHUM ( مَأواهُم ) = THEIR ABODE, DWELLING

      "Mata`un qalilun thumma ma'wahum jahannamu wa bi'sa al-mihad."

      3:197: "Little is it for enjoyment: Their ultimate abode is Hell: what an evil bed (to lie on)!"

      "Ulaika ma'wahum jahannamu wa la yajiduna `anha mahidan."

      4:121 "They (his dupes) will have their dwelling in Hell, and from it they will find no way of escape."