'An`am (أَنْع َام ) = CATTLE

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 11:42 AM

      'An`am  ( أَنْعَام ) = CATTLE

      (hamzah on the alif, nun, `ayn, alif, mim)

      Wa Qālū Hadhihi 'An`āmun Wa Ĥarthun Ĥijrun Lā Yaţ`amuhā 'Illā Man Nashā'u Biza`mihim Wa 'An`āmun Ĥurrimat Žuhūruhā Wa 'An`āmun Lā Yadhkurūna Asma Allāhi `Alayhā Aftirā'an `Alayhi Sayajzīhim Bimā Kānū Yaftarūna

      6.138 And they say that such and such cattle and crops are taboo, and none should eat of them except those whom - so they say - We wish; further, there are cattle forbidden to yoke or burden, and cattle on which, (at slaughter), the name of God is not pronounced; - inventions against God's name: soon will He requite them for their inventions.

          وَقَالُوا هَذِهِ~ِ أَنْعَام ٌ وَحَرْثٌ حِجْر ٌ لاَ يَطْعَمُهَا إِلاَّ مَنْ نَشَاءُ بِزَعْمِهِمْ وَأَنْعَامٌ حُرِّمَتْ ظُهُورُهَا وَأَنْعَام ٌ لاَ يَذْكُرُونَ اسْمَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهَا افْتِرَاءً عَلَيْهِ سَيَجْزِيهِمْ بِمَا كَانُوا يَفْتَرُونَ

      Wa Mina Al-'An`āmi Ĥamūlatan Wa Farshāan Kulū Mimmā Razaqakumu Allāhu Wa Lā Tattabi`ū Khuţuwāti Ash-Shayţāni 'Innahu Lakum `Adūwun Mubīnun

      6.142 Of the cattle are some for burden and some for meat: eat what God hath provided for you, and follow not the footsteps of Satan: for he is to you and avowed enemy.

      وَمِنَ الأَنعَامِ حَمُولَة ً وَفَرْشا ً كُلُوا مِمَّا رَزَقَكُمُ اللَّهُ وَلاَ تَتَّبِعُوا خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ إِنَّه ُُ لَكُمْ عَدُوّ ٌ مُبِين

      ABADA/ABADAN = forever, never

      The word abada appears several times in phrases like "...beneath which rivers flow, abiding therein forever..."

      "Their reward is with Allah: Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein forever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher." (Qur'an 98:8)

      FOREVER

      ...ma kasini fihi abadan...

      (18:3) (A state of bliss) in which they shall dwell forever.

      NEVER

      ...Qala ya Musa inna lan nad khulaha abadan...

      (5:24) They said: O Moses, behold! never shall we enter that land.