ATHAR - FOOTSTEPS (آثَارِ)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      ATHAR (آثَارِ) = FOOTSTEPS

      (alif with maD, tha, alif, ra)

      "Qala dhalika ma kunna nabghi fartadda `ala atharihima qasasan"

      18:64 Moses said: "That was what we were seeking after:" So they went back on theirfootsteps, following (the path they had come).

      قَالَ ذَلِكَ مَا كُنَّا نَبْغِ فَارْتَدَّا عَلَى آثَارِهِمَا قَصَصًا

      "Fahum `ala atharihim yuhra`una"

      37:70 So they (too) were rushed down on their footsteps!

      فَهُمْ عَلَى آثَارِهِمْ يُهْرَعُونَ