UMM - MOTHER (أُمُّ)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      UMM ( أُمَّ) = MOTHER

      (hamah on the alif, mim with shaddah)

      "Yamhu Allahu ma yasha'u wa yuthbitu wa `indahu ummu al-kitabi."

      13:39 Allah doth blot out or confirm what He pleaseth: with Him is the mother of the book.

      يَمْحُو اللّهُ مَا يَشَاء وَيُثْبِتُ وَعِندَهُ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ

      "Ya ukhta haruna ma kana abuki imra'a saw'in wa ma kanat ummuki baghiyyan"

      19:28 "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

      يَا أُخْتَ هَارُونَ مَا كَانَ أَبُوكِ امْرَأَ سَوْءٍ وَمَا كَانَتْ أُمُّكِ بَغِيًّا