`AQARU (عَقَرُوا) = TO SLAY/HAMSTRING

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2009
      `AQARU (عَقَرُوا) = TO SLAY/HAMSTRING
      (`ayn, qaf, ra', waw, alif)

      Fa kadh-dhabuhu fa `aqaruha fa damdama `alayhim rabbuhum bi dhambihim fa sawwaha

      91:14 Then they rejected him (as a false prophet), and they hamstrung her. So their Lord, on account of their crime, obliterated their traces and made them equal (in destruction, high and low)!

                      فَكَذَّبُوهُ فَعَقَرُوهَا فَدَمْدَمَ عَلَيْهِمْ رَبُّهُم بِذَنبِهِمْ فَسَوَّاهَا