QARYATUN - TOWN (قَرْيَةٍ)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2006

      QARYATUN ( قَرْيَة ) = TOWN

      (qaf, ra, ya, tah marbutah)

      "Wa kam min qaryatin ahlaknaha fa ja'aha ba'suna bayatan aw hum qa'iluna"

      7:4 "How many towns have We destroyed (for their sins)? Our punishment took them on a sudden by night or while they slept for their afternoon rest."

      وَكَم مِّن قَرْيَةٍ أَهْلَكْنَاهَا فَجَاءهَا بَأْسُنَا بَيَاتًا أَوْ هُمْ قَآئِلُونَ

      "Wa ma afsalna fi qaryatin min nabiyyin illa akhadhna ahlaha bi al-ba'sa'i wa ad-darra'i la`allahum yadh-dharra`una"

      7:94 "Whenever We sent a prophet to a town, we took up its people in suffering and adversity, in order that they might learn humility."

      وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا فِي قَرْيَةٍ مِّن نَّبِيٍّ إِلاَّ أَخَذْنَا أَهْلَهَا بِالْبَأْسَاء وَالضَّرَّاء لَعَلَّهُمْ يَضَّرَّعُونَ