MUSAMMA - FIXED, STATED , DETERMINED (مُّسمًّى)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      MUSAMMA (مُّسمًّى) = STATED, APPOINTED, DETERMINED
      (mim, sin, mim with shaddah, alif maqsure [the ya' without dots])

      "Huwa al-ladhi khalaqakum min tinin thumma qadha ajalan wa ajalun musamma `indahu thumma antum tamturun"

      6:2 "He it is created you from clay, and then decreed a stated term (for you). And there is in His presence another determined term; yet ye doubt within yourselves!"

      "Lakum fiha manafi`un ila ajalin musamman thumma mahilluha ila al-bayt al-`tiqi"

      22:33 "In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: In the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House."