QALAM (قَلَمِ) = PEN

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      QALAM (قَلَمِ) = PEN
      (qaf, lam, mim)

      Al-ladhi `allama bi al-qalam

      96:4 who has taught [man] the use of the pen

      الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ

      KALLA (كَلَّا) = BY NO MEANS!/NEVER!/NO!/CERTAINLY NOT!
      (kaf, lam with shaddah, alif)

      Kalla la yunbadhanna fi al-hutamah

      104:4 By no means! He will be sure to be thrown into That which Breaks to Pieces,

      كَلَّا لَيُنبَذَنَّ فِي الْحُطَمَةِ