`ALLAMA (عَلَّمَ) = HE TAUGHT

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008

      `ALLAMA (عَلَّمَ) = HE TAUGHT
      (`ayn, lam with shaddah, mim)

      Al-ladhi `allama bi al-qalam

      96:4 who has taught [man] the use of the pen

      الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ

      KALLA (كَلَّا) = BY NO MEANS!/NEVER!/NO!/CERTAINLY NOT!
      (kaf, lam with shaddah, alif)

      Kalla la yunbadhanna fi al-hutamah

      104:4 By no means! He will be sure to be thrown into That which Breaks to Pieces,

      كَلَّا لَيُنبَذَنَّ فِي الْحُطَمَةِ

      There's one sad truth in life I've found
      While journeying east and west -
      The only folks we really wound
      Are those we love the best.
      We flatter those we scarcely know,