KHASHIYA ( خَشِيَ ) = HE FEARS

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2008

      KHASHIYA ( خَشِيَ ) = HE FEARS
      (kha', shin, ya')

      Jaza'uhum `inda rabbihim jannatu `adnin tajri min tahtiha al-anhar radiya Allahu `anha wa radu `anhu dhalika liman khashi`a rabbuh

      98:8 Their reward is with Allah. Gardens of Eternity, beneath which rivers flow; they will dwell therein for ever; Allah well pleased with them, and they with Him: all this for such as fear their Lord and Cherisher.

      جَزَاؤُهُمْ عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ جَنَّاتُ عَدْنٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا رَّضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ ذَلِكَ لِمَنْ خَشِيَ رَبَّهُ

      AT-TAKATHUR (التَّكَاثُرُ ) = RIVALRY/COMPETITION
      (alim, lam - ta', kaf, alif, tha', ra')

      Alhakumu at-takathur

      102:1
      Rivalry in worldly increase distracteth you (Pickthall)

         أَلْهَاكُمُ التَّكَاثُرُ

      There's one sad truth in life I've found
      While journeying east and west -
      The only folks we really wound
      Are those we love the best.
      We flatter those we scarcely know,