A`MAL ( أَعْمَالَ ) = DEEDS/WORKS

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      A`MAL ( أَعْمَالَ ) = DEEDS/WORKS
      (hamzah, `ayn, mim, alif, lam)

      Yama'idhin yasduru an-nasu ashtatan liyuraw a`malahum

      99:6 On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the deeds that they (had done).

         يَوْمَئِذٍ يَصْدُرُ النَّاسُ أَشْتَاتًا لِّيُرَوْا أَعْمَالَهُمْ

      TUS'ALUNNA ( تُسْأَلُنَّ) = YOU WILL [CERTAINLY] BE ASKED
      (ta', sin, hamzah on the alif, lam, nun with shaddah)
      *this word is a compound word. The extra nun at the end (causing the shaddah) makes the word like a type of oath (causing the word "certainly" to be given in the translation) . The lam at the beginning serves a similar function.

      Thumma la tus'alunna yawma'idhin `an an-na`im

      102:6 Then, shall ye be questioned that day about the joy [ye indulged in]

      ثُمَّ لَتُسْأَلُنَّ يَوْمَئِذٍ عَنِ النَّعِيمِ

      How to access the online flashcards (temporarily down):