FA ( فَ ) = [PARTICLE] AND THEN, F OR, THEREFORE, THUS, SO, AFTERWARDS

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      FA (  فَ ) = [PARTICLE] AND THEN, FOR, THEREFORE, THUS, SO, AFTERWARDS
      (fa')

      Fa = implies a close connection between the sentences before and after it.

      This connection may be either definite cause and effect or a natural sequence of events signifying: and, then, for, therefore, so that, so, in order that, in that case, in consequence, afterwards, at least, lest, because, for fear of, truly, after, by, but, thus, consequently, in order to. It is also expletive and a prefix to other particles, e.g. fa-amma, fa-anna, fa-inni, fa-ayna, etc.

      Fa amma man thaqulat mawazinuh

      101:5  And then, he whose weight [of good deeds] is heavy in the balance

      فَأَمَّا مَن ثَقُلَتْ مَوَازِينُهُ

      AL-JIBALU (الْجِبَالُ) = MOUNTAINS
      (alif, lam, jim, ba', alif, lam)

      "Wa kanu yanhituna min al-jibali buyuta aminina"

      15:82 "Out of the mountains did they hew (their edifices), feeling (themselves) secure."

      "Wa min ayatihi al-jawari fi al-jihri ka al-a`lami."

      42:32 "And among His Signs are the ships, smooth-running through the ocean, (tall) as mountains."

      How to access the online flashcards (temporarily down):