MABTHUTH ( مَبْثُوثِ ) = SCATTERED

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2007

      MABTHUTH ( مَبْثُوثِ ) = SCATTERED
      (mim, ba', tha', waw, tha')

      Yawma yakunu an-nasu ka al-farashi al-mabthuth

      101:4 (It is) a Day whereon men will be like moths scattered about

      يَوْمَ يَكُونُ النَّاسُ كَالْفَرَاشِ الْمَبْثُوثِ

      FA`ALA (فَعَلَ) = HE DID
      (fa', `ayn, lam)

      A lam tara kayfa fa`ala rubbuka bi ashabi al-fil

      100:9 Has thou not seen how thy Lord dealt with the owners of the elephant?
      (Pickthall translation)

      أَلَمْ تَرَ كَيْفَ فَعَلَ رَبُّكَ بِأَصْحَابِ الْفِيلِ

      How to access the online flashcards (temporarily down):