SAWFA (سَوْفَ ) = INDI CATOR OF FUTURE TENSE*

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2007
      SAWFA ( سَوْفَ ) = INDICATOR OF FUTURE TENSE*
      (sin, waw, fa')

      *sawfa puts the verb that follows in the future tense

      Kalla sawfa ta`lamun

      102:3 But nay, ye shall soon know (the reality)

           كَلَّا سَوْفَ تَعْلَمُونَ

      REVIEW

      KALLA (كَلَّا) = BY NO MEANS!/NEVER!/NO!/CERTAINLY NOT!
      (kaf, lam with shaddah, alif)

      Kalla la yunbadhanna fi al-hutamah

      104:4 By no means! He will be sure to be thrown into That which Breaks to Pieces,

      كَلَّا لَيُنبَذَنَّ فِي الْحُطَمَةِ