SABR (صَبْر) = PATIENCE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      SABR  (صَبْر)= PATIENCE
      (Sad, ba', ra')

      Illa al-ladhina amanu wa `amilu as-salihati wa tawasaw bi al-haqqi wa tawasaw bi as-sabr

      103:3 Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.  (Pickthall)

      إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

      REVIEW

      AL-HIKMATU ( الْحِكْمَة) = WISDOM
      (alif, lam - Ha, kaf, mim, tah marbutah)

      wa yu`allimuhu al-kitaba wa al-hikmata wa at-tawrata wa al-injila

      3:48 "And Allah will teach him the Book and wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,

          وَيُعَلِّمُهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَالتَّوْرَاةَ وَالإِنجِيل

      yu'ti al-hikmata man yasha'u wa man yu'ta al-hikmata fa qad utiya khayran kathiran wa ma yadh-dhakarru illa ulu al-albabi

      2:269 He granteth wisdom to whom He pleaseth; and he to whom wisdom is granted receiveth indeed a benefit overflowing; but none will grasp the Message but men of understanding.

          يُؤتِي الْحِكْمَةَ مَن يَشَاء وَمَن يُؤْتَ الْحِكْمَةَ فَقَدْ أُوتِيَ خَيْرًا كَثِيرًا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلاَّ أُوْلُواْ الأَلْبَ

      How to access the online flashcards (temporarily out of service)

      What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.
      -Mark Twain