AL-LADHINA (الَّذِينَ ) = THOSE WHO

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      AL-LADHINA  ( الَّذِينَ ) = THOSE WHO

      (alif, lam with shaddah, dhal, ya', nun)

      Illa al-ladhina amanu wa `amilu as-salihati wa tawasaw bi al-haqqi wa tawasaw bi as-sabr

      103:3 Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.  (Pickthall)

      إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

      REVIEW

      ILLA  (إِلاَّ) = EXCEPT/BUT

      (hamzah under alif, lam, alif )

      Wa ma kana jawaba qawmihi illa an qalu akhrijuhm min qaryatikum innahum unasun yatatahharuna

      7:82 And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"

          وَمَا كَانَ جَوَابَ قَوْمِهِ إِلاَّ أَن قَالُواْ أَخْرِجُوهُم مِّن قَرْيَتِكُمْ إِنَّهُمْ أُنَاسٌ يَتَطَهَّرُونَ

      How to access the online flashcards (temporarily out of service)