YAJ`AL (يَجْعَل ) = HE MAKES

    YAJ`AL (íóÌúÚóá ) = HE MAKES (ya , jim, `ayn, lam) 105:2 A lam yaj`al kaydahum fi tadlil Did he not make their treacherous plan go astray? *
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      YAJ`AL ( يَجْعَل ) = HE MAKES
      (ya', jim, `ayn, lam)

      105:2 A lam yaj`al kaydahum fi tadlil

      "Did he not make their treacherous plan go astray?"*

      أَلَمْ يَجْعَلْ كَيْدَهُمْ فِي تَضْلِيلٍ

      * Because of the particle "lam" before "yaj`al,"   "yaj`al" is negated and put into the past tense, thus rendering the translation: "he made" and not "he makes"

      QARYATUN ( قَرْيَة ) = TOWN

      (qaf, ra, ya, tah marbutah)

      "Wa kam min qaryatin ahlaknaha fa ja'aha ba'suna bayatan aw hum qa'iluna"

      7:4 "How manytowns have We destroyed (for their sins)? Our punishment took them on a sudden by night or while they slept for their afternoon rest."

      وَكَم مِّن قَرْيَةٍ أَهْلَكْنَاهَا فَجَاءهَا بَأْسُنَا بَيَاتًا أَوْ هُمْ قَآئِلُونَ

      "Wa ma afsalna fi qaryatin min nabiyyin illa akhadhna ahlaha bi al-ba'sa'i wa ad-darra'i la`allahum yadh-dharra`una"

      7:94 "Whenever We sent a prophet to a town, we took up its people in suffering and adversity, in order that they might learn humility."

      وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا فِي قَرْيَةٍ مِّن نَّبِيٍّ إِلاَّ أَخَذْنَا أَهْلَهَا بِالْبَأْسَاء وَالضَّرَّاء لَعَلَّهُمْ يَضَّرَّعُونَ