ASH-SHITA' (الشِّتَاء) = THE WINTER

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2007
      ASH-SHITA' ( الشِّتَاء ) = THE WINTER
      (alif, lam - shin, ta', alif, hamzah)

      Ilafihim rihlata ash-shita'i wa as-sayf

      106:2 their covenants (covering) journeys by winter and summer

      إِيلَافِهِمْ رِحْلَةَ الشِّتَاء وَالصَّيْفِ

      `ANKABUT ( عَنكَبُوت) = SPIDER

      (`ayn, nun, kaf, ba', waw, ta')

      29:41 The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider,who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.

          مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَوْلِيَاء كَمَثَلِ الْعَنكَبُوتِ اتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتًا وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ الْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ الْعَنكَبُوتِ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

      Mathalu al-ladhina ittakhadhu min duni Allahi awliya kamathali al-`ankabuti ittakhadhat baytan wa inna awhana al-buyuti labaytu al-`ankabuti law kanu ya`lamuna