ILAF (إِيلَافِ) = SAFE GUARDING/UNITING/TAMING

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2007
      ILAF ( إِيلَافِ) = SAFEGUARDING/UNITING/TAMING
      (Hamzah under alif, ya', lam, alif, fa')

      Li ilafi Quraysh*

      106:1 For the covenants (of security and safeguard enjoyed) by the Quraish,

      لِإِيلَافِ قُرَيْشٍ

      *as mentioned before, the Lam (preceding in this case "Ilaf") often means: "To/ for/in order to"

      AL-MUGHIRAT (لْمُغِيرَاتِ ) = THE RAIDERS*
      (alif, lam - mim, ghayn, ya', ra, alif, ta')

      *al-mughirat: the raiders, those who foray and attack, the predatory invaders, who lead the charge

      fa al-mughirati subhan

      100:3 And push home the charge in the morning

          فَالْمُغِيرَاتِ صُبْحًا