DHALIKA (ذَلِكَ) = THIS/THAT

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      DHALIKA ( ذَلِكَ) = THIS/THAT
      (dhal, lam, kaf)

      100:7 "wa innahu `ala dhalika la shahidun"

      And to this, behold, he [himself] bears witness indeed

      وَإِنَّهُ عَلَى ذَلِكَ لَشَهِيدٌ

      FAWQA ( فَوْقَ ) = ABOVE, OVER
      (fa', waw, qaf)

      wa huwa al-qahiru fawqa `ibadihi wa hura al-hakima al-khabiru

      6:18 He is the Omnipotent over His slaves, and He is the Wise, the Knower. (Pickthall)

          وَهُوَ الْقَاهِرُ فَوْقَ عِبَادِهِ وَهُوَ الْحَكِيمُ الْخَبِيرُ