DABHAN (ضَبْحًا) = SNORTING/WITH PANTING

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      DABHAN (ضَبْحًا) = SNORTING/WITH PANTING BREATH
      (dad, ba', Ha, alif)

      *in this ayah the word functions similarly to an adverb

      Wa al-`adiyati dhabhan

      100:1:By the steeds that run,
      with panting breath

      وَالْعَادِيَاتِ ضَبْحًا

      HIJARATUN (حِجَارَةً ) = STONES/BRIMSTONES
      (Ha, jim, alif, ra, tah marbutah)

      falamma ja'a amruna ja`alna `aliyaha safilaha wa amtarna `alayha hijaratan min sijilin mandudin

      11:82 When Our Decree issued, We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay, spread, layer on layer,-

          فَلَمَّا جَاء أَمْرُنَا جَعَلْنَا عَالِيَهَا سَافِلَهَا وَأَمْطَرْنَا عَلَيْهَا حِجَارَةً مِّن سِجِّيلٍ مَّنضُودٍ

      fa ja`alna `aliyaha wafilaha wa amtarna `alayhim hijaratan min sijilin

      15:74 And We turned (the cities) upside down, and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay.

          فَجَعَلْنَا عَالِيَهَا سَافِلَهَا وَأَمْطَرْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ حِجَارَةً مِّن سِجِّيلٍ