ATAYNA - WE GAVE

  • leeeeenz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      ATAYNA: WE GAVE
      ATAYNAHU: WE GAVE HIM

      (long vowels on the A's: aataynaa)

      2:63 And remember We took your covenant and We raised above you (The towering height) of Mount (Sinai) : (Saying): "Hold firmly to what We have given you and bring (ever) to remembrance what is therein: Perchance ye may fear Allah."

      ...khudu ma atayna bifuwwatin...

      15:87 And We have bestowed upon thee the Seven Oft-repeated (verses) and the Grand Qur'an.

      wa laqad ataynaka sab'an minal mathani...

      16:122 And We gave him [Abraham] Good in this world, and he will be, in the Hereafter, in the ranks of the Righteous.

      wa a-taynahu fi dunya hasanatan...

      Alahumma inni as-`aluka fahm an-nabiyya wa hifdh al-mursalin al-muqarrabin!

      Oh Allah! I ask you for the understanding of the prophets and the memory of the messengers, those nearest to you!